Dazed and confused...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jajwrigh, May 15, 2004.

1. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

About 20 minutes ago I was mowing my final yard of the day when something interesting happenned. I was on my final pass with my mower when I ducked under a branch. Some time later I woke up layed out on my back!! Apparently I came up to soon and a branch cleaned my clock. The customer pulled up in the driveway and asked me if I was looking for something. I didn't respond because my head hurt so badly. Now I have a lump and I am a bit dizzy. I told him what I thought happenned and we just laughed about it a bit. Something like this happen to anyone else?
  2. Blades of Steel

Blades of Steel LawnSite Senior Member

Dang have a beer for the both of us..... It'll cure you illness.

Oh...... No that has never happened to me but in due time i'm sure..

3. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

Well I have banger my head a few times, but never knocked out or off the mower.:p
  4. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Nope never, but like Blades said , it will, some time.:alien:
  5. you ever been weedeating, just going doing your job and concetrating and walk into something, and banged your head. not that I ever did that,
  6. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I hit my head thursday, and it still hurts at times. I heard a crack, like a branch, or maybe a head. It wasnt either, at least not on the outside. Just some torn skin, but feels like a concusion, i think.
  7. Burger

Burger LawnSite Member
    from Montana

Try being 6'6" in a five foot nothing world.
  8. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

I did that one time, i was trimming around a tree that i had done for years and some how forgot about the branch and smack, i was done for a few mins.
  9. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

No, but I've fallen off a ledge edging with my trimmer,......... walking backwards, looking down. Atleast it was at the END of the day!
  10. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Last year I was bushhogging when my front loader caught a three inch thick branch and almost slapped me off my tractor. Wish I could have seen it from a specators veiw, must have looked pritty funny. Knocked my hat & sun glasses about ten foot away and pissed me off so bad I went to my truck, got a chain saw and got even with the branch. Nobody was around to see that, thank god! :eek: