dbl blade vacuum

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rdh, Jul 9, 2001.

1. rdh

rdh LawnSite Senior Member

just wanted to tell you guys what i did today.
    well while mowing i stoped next to a news paper. so i fliped up the arm rest and bent over the side from the seat of the ztr to reach the news paper . all i could do has touch it so i pulled it a little closer with the one finger and it just vanished. it went right through the dbl blade set up with highs and gators. there was not a piece of paper bigger than a cigarette lighter .the wind blew it every where. what a mess took forever to clean up and lots of people around. dam did i fill dumb ., i told the customer that just had pulled in. that i geuss i owe you a paper and she thought it was so funny she had seen me do that she said not to worry about it.

2. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

:) I hate when that happens...

It hasn't happened lately. When I was down in Florida it happened too often. They didn't have newspaper boxes there like they do here in MD. There was some kind of paper in every driveway... I hit my share, even when I saw it laying there. One second it's there, the next (oh $hit) it's everywhere...

3. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

Your right about the vacuum...a branch knocked my ball cap off last week and it landed next to the trimming side of the deck (set to cut at 3 inches). I looked down just in time to see it start wiggling and then get sucked up under the deck.....INSTANT CONFETTI!!!!!

Oh well it was time for a new hat anyway. :D

4. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

i suggest you pick up a tool called REACH at your dealer or
    hd has the short ones. it saves a lot of getting on and off.
    my experience with the suction of doubles was not a good day.
    i ran over a cast iron water meter cover and ruined a set of blades,not to mention shattering the cover.well lesson learned.
    whew:mad:(