1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

DC-60 Honda vs. Kohler

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Russ, May 23, 2001.

1. Russ

Russ LawnSite Senior Member

I'm trading in my 98 XW-2200 this year and wondering if any of you guys are using the Honda 24 on a 60 in. DC. I've run one around the shop but am looking for someone who has 100 or so hours or so on one who could tell me how they compare to the Kohler 25. I've always been happy with my Kohlers, but Honda sure has a good reputation. Thanks guys!!
  2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Russ, all the ones that I have talked to that have the 24 Honda are happy with them. Bill, Fine Lines Lawn is in your area and has one and should have close to 100 hours on his now. His only complaint was no Donaldson Air Filter on it, but Honda or DC is making an adapter for the Donaldson and this kit should be out shortly. I drove one, but didn't mow with one yet and I was impressed with the quick response of that engine. I am considering one myself. We have some spots where we need the lighter machine and my 95 Chopper is getting up there in hours now.

I too have been very happy with the Kohler, but that Honda seems like a sweet engine.
  3. Fine Lines Lawn

Fine Lines Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Hi Russ,
    I have 125 hours on my 2001 DC XF2400-60 Honda.
    LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I've always loved Kohlers, but this Honda runs circles aroound my
    Kohler 22s on my other Dixies. I haven't had any experience with the Kohler 25, but have heard bad rumors.
    I wish I had an entire fleet of DC Hondas. Still waiting for the Donaldson air filter.
  4. Fine Lines Lawn

Fine Lines Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Stop by the shop and take it for a spin any time :)