1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

DC in Florida

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by trimmer, Dec 25, 2000.

1. trimmer

trimmer LawnSite Senior Member

I just wondering if anyone is using DC in Florida. I have heard of a lot of people using them up north but not to much here. If so how well do they work. I have noticed a lot of Walkers being used, also noticed Toro's becoming popular here too.
  2. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I see the county using them to cut along the roadways. My exmark dealer carries them. From what I hear they seem like good machines. Eric would be the real one to ask.
  3. FastEddie

FastEddie LawnSite Member

We don't slam a product here unless you own one or have owned one. This is just how it's done here.

[Edited by Eric ELM on 12-26-2000 at 03:35 AM]
  4. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

One of the biggest DC dealers is in Florida. My advice is go demo all the mowers on your properties and then you decide.
  5. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

Dixie Choppers are pretty big in FL. I live in Georgia, but I bought mine down there. They say that they are the second most stolen thing down there. Like Eric said go demo some mowers.
  6. Trimmer,

I agree with Eric and Lawnworks, demo, demo and demo some more. I wish I had demoed more mowers before I bought my first mower, I sure could have saved myself some money and lots of headaches.
  7. curlawngreen

curlawngreen Banned

A friend has two of the twin 20hp 72" cut Dixie Choppers. They LOVE them. Cutting bahia at 2.5"