DC Latching Solenoid Question

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by cseals, Mar 14, 2013.

1. cseals

cseals LawnSite Member

Hey everyone,
    I work in a school district with a bunch of sites that have been built in different phases. As a result, every school has a few areas where we irrigate them with battery operated clocks and DC latching solenoids.

I haven't been pleased with the DIG controllers so I've been replacing them out with the Hunter NODE, and most of our valves are Rainbird GB series brass valves. Everytime I change a clock I have to drop extra dough on a new latching solenoid, because the DIG solenoids come with an adaptor for Rainbird and Hunter solenoids don't.

Do you know any way to hook up DIG brand latching solenoids (three wires - red, white, black) to a Hunter NODE controller (two wires - red, black)?

Any help?

Thanks!

2. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Why not use rainbird dc solenoids? I use rainbird valves/solenoids with the Toro DC controllers.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. cseals

cseals LawnSite Member

I could do that. I was just tryin to save a few bucks and see if I could use all of these (theoretically) good DIG solenoids that I've removed. But perhaps I just need to bite the bullet?

4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Take this to the irrigation guys.....I commend you for trying to save them some money. And in our area the schools can not afford water so all the landscape is dead by July:cry: