Today we replaced a sh!ty DCV and re-piped the feed to it and installed a curb stop valve. Supposedly they original was tested every year but I find that hard to believe when the handles were missing and the thing was buried in dirt. It was a mess, it had a blow out before the DCV, soldered fittings below grade, no way to drain between meter and #1 shutoff, PVC between meter and DCV (local code says K copper only), and Rube Goldberg piping. I was a little disappointed in how the clean up went but the grass was sh!ty and just fell apart so I couldn't save it. The meter pit was full of water for some reason so I was glad i brought my 2 stroke mini trash pump. It went ok we started around 9 and left by 4 with a 10 min lunch. It would have gone faster but this was some of the most compacted soil i have ever seen it really beat us up.