1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

De-mossing a tree- what to charge?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by TimCFClandscape, Feb 15, 2012.

1. TimCFClandscape

TimCFClandscape LawnSite Member

One of my clients has a 15-20 ft dogwood tree that she wants de-mossed. I've never done this before so I have no idea what to charge (will attach pic). I would assume it would take about 2-3 hours at the most, but I'm not making as much as I should be on this yard's maintenance so I want to make as much as I possibly can with this job. What is a good price for this?????

Deuchler dogwood tree.jpg
  2. Andy31

Andy31 LawnSite Member

Well I am sure there are products you could spray if you were licensed but then you still would be left with removing the dead moss.
    Charge 3.5hrs X _____your hourly fee.
    BTW: Why not just correct your maintenance fee you are charging them?
  3. Dr.NewEarth

Dr.NewEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

Try spraying it with Lime sulphur first. That will help to kill the moss. Use a metal brush to remove the moss, but don't mark up the bark with it. $125.
  4. agrostis

agrostis LawnSite Silver Member

Look out for redbug's. They like to hang out in spanish moss.
  5. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Doc, Spanish moss hangs from the branches. You remove it with long 3 tine rakes. Some guys actually harvest it as there is a market for it. No spraying needed. Its all labor.:usflag: