1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

De-thatchers! Your opinion?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Greenkeepers, Mar 31, 2000.

1. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

Hello all-<p>Just wanted to get your opionion on de-thatchers. Do you guys like the tow behind the tractor ones or the power ones. I've always used the power ones but it would be quicker to tow one behind my tractor.<p>Your thoughts would be appreciated.<br>Oh by the way I cut my first lawn for the season yesterday. It felt soo good to be out there again!<p>Mike <br>Greenkeepers
  2. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I have used both + a front mount spring tine that I currently use on my Walker. The verticle mowers that you are talking about do a nice job on small lots but they are pretty aggressive to the turf. <br>The tow behind is o.k but slow when you come to a sidewalk you have to talk it off or raise it up and that could be a pain. also they require weight. I have the option of dethatching and picking up at the same TINE :) sorry, time if I want to. Its a personal choice but remember Time is Money in this business but the fastest guy doesn't always do quality work. Good Luck.