Dead grass = more time. so what do you do with it?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Eddie B, Jun 26, 2005.

1. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

Those dealing with the dried/dead grass... I'm assuming that you don't cut grass that isn't growing. What do you do with your extra time? I guess I've got lucky, The News Journal threw me quite a bit of extra work this week filling in for some warehouses. I managed to cut 5 whole lawns this past Friday, thats all I've cut in a week. No landscapes have come up.

2. alwaysgreener

alwaysgreener LawnSite Member

It’s a great time to do maintenance on all your equipment, get your office updated and files put away, do some updating on yourself you could never have to much knowledge. Start do promotions to your current clients mulch installs plantings or whatever they need. Should I go on.. In this business there is no such thing as down time we always something to do and if you’re not busy doing something you’re doing something wrong.

3. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

When our dry time hits...which it already has....I'll go to 10 or 14 days on the yard shedule until it starts raining. Then I'll try to do all the little side jobs customers have been wanting done...like installing a bed theyve been wanting, bringing in topsoil for holes or washed out areas, roundup on driveway cracks...all these things they appreciate and I get a little pay on my downtime.

4. shepoutside

shepoutside LawnSite Bronze Member

I am out, with my cheap Auction Find, Milk Truck, watering lawns, as I have high end properties, and they pay very well, for water, then you still need to cut too, so can get to be a busy time.

5. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

That is exactly what I have been doing this past week

6. GrassBustersLawn

GrassBustersLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Bush trimming, pruning, weeding & edging jobs that we haven't had time to get to during spring! Staying busy so far. Another week of this drought and we'll be sweeping the warehouse out every day!

Mike

7. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

Bush trimming, some odd jobs, clean up the mowers and probably sit at the beach while i can!