1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

dead man in a can

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Jun 11, 2004.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

well u all read my thread about the lady who said my trimming skills were no good. now you think i'm nuts? listen to this. same lady, we did trimming for her, mulch, lots of stuff. first of all, she had this little dog, named steven. i made the mistake of asking, "why did u name the dog steven?" she says she named the mangy mutt after her late husband. i'm like o great, she's nuts, this is gonna suck. she had us moving the boxwoods a hundred times, "a little to the left, a little to the right...." real pita. in the back yard, was a statue, a rock, and this like can, i couldn't imagine why she had this can. so she wants the statue, rock and can raised. we move it, to build up with soil, i kinda just toss the can to the side, she grabs her chest. i'm thinkin what a weirdo. we put everything back, except this "can". when we are finally done, i just wanted a check and i wanted to get out of there asap. she says well you are really not done yet. i'm like look, pay up lady, i'm done. she says you didn't put steven back. i'm like are u nuts, i never moved your dumb dog. she says, no, steven, in that can you carelessly threw to the side, are the remains of my late husband steven. i'm like, " WHAT? you had me touching a dead guy??" so i tell chico put the dead guy back where he was, so we can get the hell outta here. she grabs her chest again. she said i was rude. did you ever hear of keeping dead ashes in a can, in your garden?
  2. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

Did you get my PM's???
  3. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Can I hire you, Chico and your new guy to do some hourly work at my home?? I have to see what kind of stories you post about my wife and family.

Maybe you don't even have to show up, just type up some stuff on your keyboard to give us all a little light reading!
  4. bobbygedd

from NJ

well turfdude, if that's what you want, you got it. fga, email me at bobbygedd@aol.com.
  5. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

Some people are different. Before leaving for the service I rented the basement of one of my buddies mom. Got up one morning to head for work grabbed the cereal and sugar bowl for a quick bite to eat. As I was about to put a spoon into the sugar bowl Mrs Jean yells Nooooooo! You guessed it I almost spread Mr Jean all over a bowl of raisen brand. YUK
  6. J and M Mowing

J and M Mowing LawnSite Member

Reading your stories are interesting. It's almost like reading Penthouse stories when I was a kid. I always thought...is this for real.........
  7. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

Bobby, if nothing else you definately keep everyone here well entertained! No I have never seen or heard of anyone keeping the remains of a loved one in the garden.

8. greendave

greendave LawnSite Member

Bobby, you are the master. You may have missed your calling - have you ever thought of writing fiction for a living? My buddy's wife just signed a 6 million dollar deal to write fiction novels....... Keep the stories coming, they ARE very entertaining....
  9. bobbygedd

from NJ

green, during school, i was usually asleep, or in the coat closet with the teacher, but i kinda remember that fiction means untrue. my stories are all true real live events. so then i should write "non fiction". is that what u meant to say?
  10. barringtonbrothers

barringtonbrothers LawnSite Senior Member

Thats what makes them so sad.