1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Dead Spots/Dead Lawn, PAINT IT!

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by lilmarvin4064, Jul 12, 2005.

1. lilmarvin4064

lilmarvin4064 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm a first time user of green turf paint. This stuff is awesome! I had a few people's lawns that had either dead spots from brown patch or went dormant from lack of water (it's only rained like twice in the past 7 weeks). I mixed about 6 to 7 oz. of paint per gallon of water and went to work. The painted areas blended in nicely to the other healthly, but pale green areas. No more brown spots.

Any one else ever use this stuff?

How much did you charge?
  2. lawnservice

lawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

we have 'painted' turf before. if the turf is just dormant it will blend it pretty good, but if it's dead....then you just end up with a stupid looking green dead spot.

my experience using it is limited to a local little league complex. they host a statewide tournamant every august. 2 of their 5 fields are not irrigated...so they have called us to 'paint it'. from the bleachers you cant tell.

we dont charge them for this service but it is time consuming (takes about as long to paint one field as it takes us to fertilize all 5 fields.) you'll need to consider this as you calculate your cost/profit