Dead spots in Bermuda

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by bushhogman, Jun 15, 2006.

1. bushhogman

bushhogman LawnSite Member

Ok,,,been fighting this problem for a long time. The problem,,,dead spots in my bermuda grass. Not just couple of spots, I am talking about 1000's of little dead spots. I think it dollars spot and i have tried a fungicid (home depo) but it has work,,,tried to fert like I should to get stronger if it was weak,,water in early morning hours,,,but it is not going away. Anybody got any ideals?

bushhogman:hammerhead:

2. Mattcurry

Mattcurry LawnSite Member

Yea go to lesco get mancazeb, put 18 ounces in a backpack and soak it down heavy, also, TURN YOUR WATER OFF.

good luck.

another thing, never fertilize a fungus, VERY BAD.

3. xpnd

xpnd LawnSite Senior Member

Without a picture, I would not venture a guess. However if your lawn appears to look like what I call an alligator appearance. A bunch of green lines with brown circular or oblong brown spots and it only occurs in spring or late fall as the turf is greening up or going dormant, it is simply the reuslt of a late spring freeze after green up or the first hard freeze in the fall. Nothing can be done since it is not a disease problem.