1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Dead spots in lawn

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Drivefaster35, Apr 26, 2007.

1. Drivefaster35

Drivefaster35 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Ok guys I bought a brand new john deere walk behind this year and it's been great for the past few weeks until this week. Almost all the lawns I use the mower on has little perfect circles about 19 inshes wide where I stop to empty the bag. Its totally random and all over the place it would makes seense that its leaking something if it was in the same spot under the deck but sometimes its under where the left blade was then the middle then the right, totally random, and never more than one circle in the same spot Deere's got the mower right now and checking it over however any advice you can give would be awsome. :confused:

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

dont buy a deere
  3. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

YUP........ Looks like deer piss, Jim
  4. chipk1

chipk1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Does the exhaust vent towards the ground? The Dixie that I used to own had a down spout on the exhaust which I took of because everytime I stopped for more than 5 seconds I would find a dead spot the next week.
  5. mini14

mini14 LawnSite Member

exhaust will burn, been there. toro had a recall on their mowers cauz they were cauzing fires in texas.
  6. Drivefaster35

from Midwest

The exhaust does point outward in front of the mower but I really don't think that could be the problem cause it never was before just suddenly and just that walk behind I have two and the other one doesent have a problem.
  7. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Gas leak dripping on deck and falling where ever the low spot is? Or muffler burn.
    Check your diaper maybe your leaking?
  8. Drivefaster35

from Midwest

LOL I'll call the dealer tomarrow and give um a heads up thanks for the advice anymore ideas might be useful also.