Dead Walker 26hp

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by greenscapestm, Aug 16, 2007.

1. greenscapestm

greenscapestm LawnSite Member

I have a 26hp walker that threw a rod today.... just doesnt run the same on 1cyl. what am i looking at cost wise to repair/replace the enginge, whats it worth as-is? any help would be great

2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

3. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

How old is the machine ?? Maybe still under warranty ??

4. greenscapestm

its a couple years old anyone know what engine it is i see only two on the above site for a 26hp kohler engine a vertical and horizontal cant tell by the pic which one it is neither one looks exact

5. Restrorob

If you will call their 800 number with your engine model and spec. numbers they will be happy to help.....They also state pictures may not be the exact item.

6. greenscapestm

how hard/easy is it to swap out an engine? I am mechanically inclined swapped the engine in my truck before, not messed with small engines much though.

7. Restrorob

If you have replaced the engine in your truck you can handle this little mower engine.

Word of advice;

Before starting take pictures, Close-ups all the way around the engine. They could come in handy on re-assembly.....

8. thecrankshaft

thecrankshaft LawnSite Member

Walker uses horizontal shafts - your engine is a CH26S. Get the spec number off of the blower housing.

For EFI, I would go long block from Kohler instead of buying all the EFI parts again.