deadbeat customer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by greenback, Aug 14, 2004.

1. greenback

greenback LawnSite Member
    from L.I.

this guy owes me 900 dollars and is trying to avoid me. we are two weeks into august(he pays by the month) and next week if he does not pay i am not cutting his lawn. as soon as the bill is paid then we will resume maintenance. there is no contract for any of my customers but after this i will have them sign one, just typed one up today. do you think i should do that or not.

i want him to pay but if he does not then i am going to rip out the bushes we planted for him. that is the last resort because i do not want to do that.

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

If the situation got really bad, yes rip out the shrubs. If he complains just tell him, "hey you haven't paid for them yet."

3. Turf Medic

Turf Medic LawnSite Bronze Member

Can you legally do this???

4. broken leg

broken leg LawnSite Senior Member

Take him to Judge Judy. Make him pay and look stupid on national TV.

5. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

Where is this guy located?

6. Gilla Gorilla

Gilla Gorilla LawnSite Senior Member

If you have the reciepts for the plants and yoiur records show that he has not paid for them then I would pull them out in a couple of weeks if he does not pay. He will not have a check or any proof that he paid for them and you will have a receipt.

7. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

I would not rip out the shrubs. You can get in legal trouble for that.

8. Gilla Gorilla

That is probably very true. But wouldnt you love to be able to do that when people dont pay after say one month or so.

9. Gilla Gorilla

That is probably very true. But wouldnt you love to be able to do that when people dont pay after say one month or so.

10. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I personally feel that you couldn't get in legal trouble for it because; if he hasn't paid for the labor or the shrubs technically you still own them. It's the same thing for a car payment, if you can't make the payment, the bank takes it away