Deadbeat pays up

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DFW Area Landscaper, Aug 31, 2004.

1. DFW Area Landscaper

DFW Area Landscaper LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

One of the very first customers I ever had, back in February of '03, stiffed me on about $240.00. Based on the principal of the matter, I sued the guy in small claims court. I won a default judgement in March of '04. I came home and wrote it off to bad debt in Quickbooks and figured I'd never see the money.

Well, the guy called yesterday. Monday morning at about 9:30 or so. He needs to get this cleared up. Says he's gonna pay this weekend. He wants to know how to get the judgement cleared.

My hunch is that the guy tried to buy something over the weekend on credit and the unpaid judgement was showing up on his credit report.

For the all the work I put into it, it probably wasn't worth it. But it does feel good knowing that I'm not gonna stiffed.

Later,
    DFW Area Landscaper

2. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Good going DFW. Im sure u got a lot of time into it, but you did the rite thing by not letting him get away with it & thats just what he deserves.

3. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

That is some great news! Just goes to show that if you do have to go the legal route it sometimes works out as it should.

Gravely_Man

4. Oldtimer

Oldtimer LawnSite Bronze Member

You can collect interest on the judgement.

Oldtimer

5. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

Aaah, The long arm of the landscaper nabs one again! Good job!

6. ken50

ken50 LawnSite Member
    from tx

Good job! Burns me up when they think they can get something for nothing. Lesson for us all here...

7. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Way to go DFW, I'm glad to hear a positive result..