1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by captdevo, Nov 23, 2002.

1. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

What do you do when you can't get Deadbeats to pay their bills????

Especially when you thought you had a good relationship with them???
  2. Nick

Nick Banned

At the end of the season peoples minds wander and their property becomes least of their worries. Unfortunatly people like us suffer. I am currently re doing my contracts for 2003 and will include some late pay penalties. Once it gets rediculous though, I have a special letter for that. Try calling them and getting them to pay in person. Other wise you will get the it's in the mail. What some people don't realize is that the post office post marks the date recieved on everything.
  3. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

Been discused before, use the search button. :D :D :D

Several options.

Balloon full of round up

BAR on full auto

collection agency

butt whupping from a US Marine :D
  4. Art Stubbs handy 58

Art Stubbs handy 58 LawnSite Member

:D Hire Veto from Waterloo, Ia.. he will change their minds:D
  5. bubble boy

bubble boy LawnSite Bronze Member

man this week i thought i had my chance to get a deadbeat.

filed against this bum in small claims court, and we had a pre trial meeting on tues.

but with the snow on sunday and monday i was so backed up with calls and meeting customers (and biz partner on honeymoon, so double the usual work) i forgot!!!:eek:

didn't even realize it until 3 hrs after the scheduled time. call the court house and as it truns out he didn't show up either!!! so had i gone i would have likely gotten a judgement. but instead they dismissed the claim.

so if you do file, don't forget to show like the resident moron bubble boy:rolleyes:
  6. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

I think Jim Lewis posted an intimidating notice that he sends to folks threating to lien them. It looked very professional, and he claims to get great results if I remember correctly. I have on guy I may have to use this on. If that fails, I will go to small claims court if need be. I do have one fella who is very bold that I just feel compelled to leave some mighty big piles of snow behind his truck as often as I am given the opportunity!:D

7. Darb

Darb LawnSite Member

Forget about it.
  8. If they owe us over 5k it goes to our bill collecter i guy i served with in vietnam whos on the west side of chicago.

I want em he'll bring me fingers if it pays him good enough
  9. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

And what everyone else said.
  10. Tom023

Tom023 LawnSite Member

Make sure to search for the post that JimLewis put out on using Autopay. It sounds like an ingenious way to prevent late payments- (once you get everyone on the system). I dont' have time to give you the link to the post- but here is the link to the webpage he put out on it. Auto Pay Info