deadbeats....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by richard2, Jun 2, 2000.

1. richard2

richard2 Banned

has anyone ever thought about .50 cal chain guns on deadbeats? might this be cheaper than leins? after all if they don't sell their house you don't get paid....

2. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

I offer a free Roundup treatment for non payers. If they care about their lawn they will pay. If they don't or don't believe you make them believe you. Round it UP! Some will say this isn't professional but how about this, I am a professional and I pay my damn bills. So tell them to pay up or their lawn will brown up. IT WORKS.

3. PLS

PLS LawnSite Member

Be creative.............. write deadbeat in there frontyard with Roundup. Naaaaaaaa, just kidding, don't do that. <p>Call your Magistrate Judge and see if there is some other way of collecting your claim.

4. roundup is too expensive try fuel oil<br>

5. It works for credit card companies, why not you. CHARGE INTEREST! I started this 3 years ago and have reduced late payers by 75%. The other deadbeats are someone else's problem now.<br>Jean<p>----------<br>J-LC Landscaping & Maintenance Gardening<br>C-27 Ca Contr# 770044

6. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Hire some goons...the mafia has lawn care needs.

7. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I have a real piece of **** we did sprinkler work for last winter. I haven't been able to get a dime out of his sorry ass. I knew what type of person he was when he hired us, and against better judgement I did work anyway. The POS is a sales manager at a local Chevy dealership. When we mow near his house now, he, his wife and kids all go hide in the house. I am about to snap and beat the **** out of this MF.<p>Lawrence, I agree with your grass killer of choice.

8. southside

southside LawnSite Senior Member

Keith, Just give the debt to a collection<br>agency,and they'll send the hired goons around. People here who do our collections<br>send guys out who have hate and kill tatooed<br>on their fingers.<p>Karl<br>

9. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I think gusbusters idea about charging interest is good. Do you have a contract with this written in? How much are you charging? Extra 10%-20%? How much grace period 30 days to pay and late after? Just trying to see what works. Thanks

10. 1stclasslawns

1stclasslawns LawnSite Senior Member

My collection policy is ... a healthy dose of 19-19-19 its cheep when bought in bulk. and their lawn has to be mowed twice a week!!!!!!<p>Small claimes court works well also.