Deal Of The Century!!!!

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by PTOhioMower, Jan 19, 2006.

1. PTOhioMower

PTOhioMower LawnSite Member

Here you go guys!!!! ONLY $1900!!!! What a STEAL!!!!

ONLY ON EBAY!!!

2. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

Hmm, looks to good to be true. I wonder why only $1900. I wonder if something is wrong with it. It also says 27HP Kawasaki Diesel, hmm, what gives there.

3. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Hmm,sounds like a heck of deal. However, the fact that the seller just joined the site today and has 0 feedback raises an eyebrow to how ledgitimate the it really is. The whole 'pre-approved' bidder thing confuses me.

4. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

I bet it is hot or the engine is going.

5. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

I guarantee if you send this person 1900 dollars you can kiss it good by! I have learned one thing about ebay, if it sounds to good to be true you can bet your arse it is a scam.

6. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

I just contacted the seller through ebay and said I be there sat with the cash to pick it up. consider it sold. payup payup

Anyone want to make a 1k wager that I don't hear back from him :laugh: :laugh:

7. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

]

No way in Hades my friend!!! I like my payup right where its at.

Just wondered though you get a call back yet?

8. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

says now that they listing has been removed... i guess it was a scam after all.

9. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

One thing I noticed about that mower, it was a 2004 or older because the 2005 XP was on the larger frame of the XS which had the 15.5 gallon fuel capacity and the instrument panel on that was between your legs, where on the 2005 it was on the right fuel tank. Also, in the description, it said 24 inch drive tires, but the 2005 would have had 26 inch drive tires. Why would a 2004 only have 13 hours on it, seems weird to me, but like someone already said, it's no longer listed.

10. PTOhioMower

PTOhioMower LawnSite Member

Of course it was a scam, notice the word STEAL!!!

The seller would have asked you to wire him the money, then you would have received nothing in return. I cant understand why these guys make it so obvious that they are going to rob you.

Hopefully the listing was removed by ebay, but I wouldnt be supprised if some moron sent him some money!!

I also am curious if Mac received a response from the seller.