1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Deal of The Century

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by T. Wheeler, Apr 23, 2006.

1. T. Wheeler

T. Wheeler LawnSite Member

So, Just went and made a deposit on a 48" Snapper Pro-Hydro 14hp Kohler 1998 Model #: SPLH140KH. The lady we bought it from had bought it from someone who mowed part time. She said it didn't run when she first purchased it, so she took it to a dealer who did about $250 dollars worth of work. She mowed her yard once with it and couldn't handle it. When we got there she had it all set out. She had bought a 36" Snapper Belt Driven WB and said she could handle it a whole lot easier. The lady could barely get it down the driveway. So my dad & I tested it , it cuts good, started right up first pull. So we asked her lowest price she'd take for it and she said $850 - $50 Deposit today. So got me a good deal on a $4,000 mower for $800 dollars. I think it was a good deal. Comments and Suggestions Welcome.
  2. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

nice purchase they are really 4000 dollar machine u can get a lesco 52 inch hydro for that i think. well good luck with it.
  3. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Great deal for a hydro walkbehind, THAT'S FOR SURE!

Does it have the loop handles or the pistol grips?
    Crank floating deck or fixed deck?
  4. T. Wheeler

It has loop handles and a fixed deck. Deck has one spot looks like its been welded but overall in good condition. Blades could be sharpened, new belts etc. and other routine maintenance stuff.
  5. Bustus

Bustus LawnSite Member

sounds like a good buy to me
  6. Scag413

Scag413 LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats a very nice find!
  7. qualitylawnmanagement

qualitylawnmanagement LawnSite Bronze Member

That's a pretty good deal. It will serve you right.
  8. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

That is a good deal. I picked up my Dixie used for $4500. It had 29 hours on it. The guy had dreams of starting a lawn service and when that didn't work out he just wanted to get rid of the Dixie.
  9. T. Wheeler

What type of Dixie was it?

EDIT: Nevermind I saw it.