Deal of the day

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by Smalltimer1, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Smalltimer1

Smalltimer1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Went mower hunting today (restorable/rebuildable/salvagable), was hoping for a JD of some kind. No luck with that. But I did run across a good Honorable Mention.

I ended up with a Honda HT-3813 lawn tractor. It's really well built for a lawn tractor. It has a 13hp Inline 2-cylinder engine and is liquid cooled, has a 38" deck, and a 5 spd stick shift. It is a horizontal shaft engine and the transmission is shaft driven, no belts except for the mower deck. It also has a cast iron front axle as well.

Picked it up for $40 out of the local JD dealer's back lot. He said it needed a starter, and when the prev. owner found out how much it would have been, he told them to keep it. It's in great shape except for the tires, which are dry rotted pretty bad. It's complete as well.

I figure once I sell the Murray, which I've got 3 people waiting to drive it, I'll take the money from that and buy the starter and oil/filter/spark plugs, and try and fire'er up to see what she'll do.

Honda1.JPG

Honda2.JPG

Honda3.JPG

Honda4.JPG

Honda5.JPG

2. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

Fix it up and clean it. Put it on eBay.

3. Smalltimer1

I'm thinking about using it through the summer and selling it after the season is over or holding it until next spring and use what I get out of it on a new or used commercial mower of some sort.

4. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Thats a heck of a machine for $40. Hope you have good luck with it.

5. Smalltimer1

Thanks, I'm going to go see the starter guy today about it, because I'm scared to death of all those wires, and I'd rather him look at it, than me attempt to do something and fry everything.

I did end up selling the Murray for $250, so I'm thinking that I can have this jewel running by Saturday night or Sunday after noon and still have $$$ to spare.