Deal of the winter for me

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Lawnworks, Feb 6, 2006.

1. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

2. Gilla Gorilla

Gilla Gorilla LawnSite Senior Member

That is one hell of a deal even if you have to put a couple bucks into it before the season starts up. Also there are no grease fittings at the tracks, there fully sealed bearings. Make sure to check the tension on the tracks if not it will tear up the inside teeth and then possibly rub against the inside of the frame.

Sweet deal man.

3. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

did u buy it???

4. fishinman22487

fishinman22487 LawnSite Member

thats a good deal!! I would buy it if it was closer to Florida.

5. Lawnworks

from usa

Have you got any maintenance tips? I believe you have a tx420 right? How tight do the tracks need to be? I absolutely love the controls on this thing... I have no idea why they do it differently for the wheel units.

I could not believe he was letting it go so cheap... he could have easily sold it for 8k on ebay. I used buy-it-now before someone else did. Everything seems to run great.

6. Gilla Gorilla

Just make sure to grease all of the fittings at least every other day that you use it, if not every day. I try to keep my tracks adjusted to 2 7/8" from the inside of the black adjuster box to the back edge of it, if that makes sense. Also if you do not stay up on keeping the inside of the tracks free of caked up mud then it will take you some time with a pry bar to get the dried mud out of every little nook and cranny in there. A pressure washer will become your best friend if you intend to use this thing in the mud at all. Also make sure to keep a couple of air filters around your shop and also at least one extra foam pre cleaner. It is amazing at how dust collects in the air filters even when your not around and dust.

Good luck and just let me know if you have any other questions.

7. Lawnworks

from usa

I am not quite following your adjustment advice. Maybe you can show me on the pic. How much are new tracks for these machines? Also can you tell me if I have the standard bucket or light materials bucket? Do you plan on getting a forkster for you unit? Thanks for your help!

8. paolaken

paolaken LawnSite Senior Member

figures, as sone as i go out of town the dealm comes up. great buy in my opinion. nice looking machine for the money. i'm looking for a track model to go with my wheeled model.

9. Lawnworks

from usa

There is another tx425 on ebay... might be worth a look.

10. Gilla Gorilla

You have to slide the end of the tape measure into the black tube till it stops. Then see how many inches deep it goes until it is meeting with the back open end of the black tube. It should be rite around 2 7/8" for the proper tension. I forgot the check my tension at 100 hours and the right side track became loose and started rubbing the frame. I took the track off and turned it around and now it is working fine and does not want to walk off the outside of the cages.

Attached Files: