1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Deal on a RedMax..

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by GreenBlade, Jul 21, 2013.

1. GreenBlade

GreenBlade LawnSite Member

I got the guy down to $250 cash. I have another question though; should I sell my other FS70? I have 2 of them; one of them I got for free. I have 3 ideas in my head:

1) sell 1 FS70 and have the redmax replace it
    2) sell 1 FS70 & buy a FS90 & have the redmax too (I was going to do that eventually anyway)
    3) keep both FS70s & have the redmax
  2. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

Make sure the warranty is transferable...otherwise buying new from your dealer makes more sense.
  3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

If you assume you can walk in and get it fixed for 3 years---doesn't happen that way. Very few items has the warranty on them. Carb for example are probably 90days ...or that is echo warranty. It won't start you go in and you get a $75 bill.....
  4. Porcupine Lawn and Snow

Porcupine Lawn and Snow LawnSite Senior Member

Go with solution 2 and it would be better to buy from your dealer because the warranty is most likely non-transferrable. At least that's how it goes with Stihl, Echo, Husqvarna, and Kawasaki.
  5. GreenBlade

GreenBlade LawnSite Member

It was non-transferrable, but he never registered it & he paid cash; so I just went online & registered it. I payed $250 & he gave me the oil, original receipt, and manual. Not a bad deal, but nothing extraordinary. Yeah I know how that warranty stuff is, 3-years only covers like a spark-plug; haha bullshit. Porcupine, why do you say solution 2