Deal on exmark

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ssouth, Jul 5, 2001.

1. Ssouth

Ssouth LawnSite Senior Member

Found a 1998 48" Emark walkbehind with floating deck and new 15hp kaw. for $1500. The mower appears to be in very good shape. Has original tires that still look new. Already has mulch kit installed and new motor has a new warranty. Is this a decent, good, or great deal?

2. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds to good to be true I would take it quick.

3. Vandora Lawn & Landscape

Vandora Lawn & Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

I'd drive to alabama and buy it myself it I had the dough! SNATCH THAT UP!

4. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Hey, if I send you $1500, will you send it to me?! That's a great deal. Hydro or not, that's still a good deal. Buy it so you're not kicking yourself down the road.

5. Ssouth

Ssouth LawnSite Senior Member

Thany you guys, I don't have any experience with the walk behinds, but have been interested in purchasing one. Think I'll go get it tommorrow. As always I appreciate the advice.

6. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 99 Exmark hydro 48" that I bought new in 99. I paid $3500.00 for it. Your deal sounds very good to me. Good luck.

7. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I'd be wondering why a 98 machine needed a new motor?

8. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

darrly, not to be mean, so please don't take it that way, but think of it as getting a new mower with alittle bit of body wear and tear, for a price that can't be beat, the machine he is talking about is a 98 metro hp it should have the 17kal engine on it, but the 15kol, will run it with easly, it already has the mulching kit thats worth about $150-$180 depending on your area, new engine with warrenty, big bonus, it still might have a warrebty on the tran. but not sure, should matter really you got the machine for a great price. i sold my 97 metro 48" 15kol, non floating deck for 1.5K it was in great shape under 300 hors on it with the mulch kit, the exmark bag, and 3 sets of blades that will last the guy a month or 2, not a thing wrong with it. he loves it i seen him the other day, and told him to stop down and b/s when he has time and i'm home. hasn't yet but he said he's been real busy (just starting out) and i told him i was to but if he drove by and i was here to stop. hasn't yet but he will soon, real nice guy.

9. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

Man, I would jump on that deal in a heartbeat.

Who cares about what happened to the old engine... its "history". Gone. :D

A brand new 15 Kohler w/warranty? HELL YEAH!

If the mechanicals all check out...jump on it.

10. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

i think if I had that money laying around, i'd be takin' a little trip up I-65 to grab that from under you!!!!!
    BUT i don't so don't worry!!!!!:D :D