"Deal or No Deal"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Allens LawnCare, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Allens LawnCare

Allens LawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Exmark 60inch Turf Tracer 2005 20hp kohler with 1586hrs, machine looks great....person is asking $2600 for it.....is this a lot of hrs for this machine, plain and simple......"DEAL or NO DEAL"

2. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

The general consensus is that 20 hp is not a big enough engine for this unit. I own several of these and the 23 hp engine can get quite a workout in heavy conditions and when doing fall cleanups.

3. Mr Priceless

Mr Priceless LawnSite Senior Member

NO DEAL HOWIE, what a greedy banker...:hammerhead:

4. westwind

westwind LawnSite Senior Member

5. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Not enough horsepower to suit me. I would pass on it.

6. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

I second that.

7. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

This must be the one on ebay. I looked at it myself. It was no deal for me.

8. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

if you plan on running an ultravac, underpowered.

People don't understand that the models in the lineup with the smaller engines are designed for the guys who don't bag.

If you aren't going to bag, it's a good deal. If it's the original motor, it's only got another season on it maybe anyway. You can upgrade then if you want.

NO BAG- Deal.

Bag- NO DEAL

9. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

I just picked up a 20hp Kohler Turf Tracer with 800 hours on it for $2250 on ebay last month. The machine is extreamly clean, all fluids and filters changed before I received it. It runs perfect. I thought I got a great deal, obviously you would not get quite as good of a deal at that price, but that may not be enough to rule it out.

If this machine, especially in a walkbehind format will not perform well with 20 hp, I will be very suprised. It has a deep well designed deck, it is a walkbehind and has to require less power then a similar sized rider, and compared to older mowers has a much larger power plant. A side bagger will not be a problem, or a bagger with a pony motor either. Would I like it to have a 32 hp Briggs...you bet, but I think it will perform nicely in all the conditions I face, and I face some tall wet stuff.

Just my opinion.

10. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

Need more power, NO DEAL:weightlifter: