1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Deal or No Deal ?

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by cut cutter, Jul 22, 2008.

1. cut cutter

cut cutter LawnSite Member

Walking through Sears I purchased a 2007 ZTS 7500 zero turn 24hp 50". This looks to be the same as the Simplicity Axion 24/50. This was a one day closeout clearance. I was told mower was "lost" in the warehouse and mgmt didnt know it was there. They took inventory a few days ago. I got it for $924+tax. Sign said it was a $3600 mower Other than the reviews on Sears web site, what are somepit falls if any I should expect? 1/2 hated them and 1/2 liked them alot. I currently use a 8 yr old craftsmen 13 hp rider. This was a complete impulse buy. Mower was never run I looked intothe tank and no indication was there any fuel.
  2. rainman14624

rainman14624 LawnSite Member

If everything works, that's a steal not a deal. I personally don't like sitting that high on a ZTR, but for that price I could get used to it.
  3. Two Seasons

Two Seasons LawnSite Senior Member

Don't forget to fill it with oil before you fire it up. They ship them these days without the crankcase oil!
  4. jkason

jkason LawnSite Senior Member

Have fun paying $75.00 every time just to have Sears come out to fix it - that's in addition to any work that is done.
  5. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

Sounds like you got a good deal. One of my customers has one and loves it. Keep it clean, dry, and well maintained and it should last a long time.
  6. Mic_bug

Mic_bug LawnSite Member
    from N.B. MI

7. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds like a good backup. Cheap thats for sure