1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Deal or No Deal?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jason72g, Mar 18, 2013.

1. jason72g

jason72g LawnSite Member

Does this sound like a good deal? Don't want to give too many details, but this is what i'm looking at for $7000.00. Good thing is, is I know the equipment and know it's been taken care of.

Carry-On 6x12 Enclosed Trailer
    54" Hustler Fastrack SuperDuty ZTR (300 hrs)
    36" BOP (Better Outdoor Products) single hydro walk behind (300 hrs)
    FC70 Stihl Stick Edger
    Stihl HS 56 (most likely) hedge trimmer
    and a Stihl backpack chemical sprayer

2. Sprinkler Buddy

Sprinkler Buddy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Sounds like a fair deal with the info. you have provided. If you are needing what's all included. If they are asking $7000.00 before negotiations, I'm sure you can get it for less. If your only needing or wanting the mower, not a great deal.

3. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Any accounts??

4. jason72g

jason72g LawnSite Member

No accounts in the deal.

5. larryinalabama

I alaways ask myself when buying used equiptment,,,,is it as good as money in the bank?? In otherwords could I sell fairley easy for atleast what I paid for it.

Id say its a fair deal, too bad no customers, people selling out usually have a few accounts to throw in.

6. jason72g

jason72g LawnSite Member

I'm basically buying it from my old partner. I moved away about 2 years ago and then he moved back home, in hopes of getting started in his hometown, but never has.

7. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

8. larryinalabama

hat would be a nice little business for someone, wish I could have found something ike that 5 years ago.

9. l3en007

l3en007 LawnSite Member

Jason. Is the trailer in good shape? Not sure what "carry on" means? Seems that would be majority of price. Then again the hustler has low hours

10. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

I figure 5000-5500 is what its worth. 3k for hustler. 500 for quick. 1500 for the trailer. Few hundred for handhelds.
    Posted via Mobile Device