Deal? Used 2003 Walker

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnkid, Mar 27, 2005.

1. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

I have come across a 2003 Walker MTGHS with a 20hp Kohler and 48" deck. The unit has 839 hours on it. Was previously used by a gentleman and returnd because it was too small for the acreage he was cutting. Everythng is in great shape and it also come with the larger 9.5 bushel catcher, light kit, and speed up kit. All of this for $6000. Sounds like a deal to me. Comments and opinions welcome.
  2. lawnrangeralaska

lawnrangeralaska LawnSite Senior Member

yes that is a good deal. i bought a 2002 walker 26hp efi 48in 9.5 power dump at tires light kit comfort seat and 200 hours for 8,000
  3. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I think that a model MT with the 20 Kohler is $8,500 at our dealer and I know a MT with a 26 Kohler EFI is $10,500. I would not pay more than $5,000 for that mower but I would offer him $4,500 only if it was in excellent condition.
  4. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't know much about walker but i can't see how that could be anything but a steal after reading post from other walker owners on here. JMO
  5. Craig T

Craig T LawnSite Member

I bought a 2003 MTGHS with a 20hp, 48", larger hopper, light kit, dual tail tires, and only 100 hrs for $6300. (Pretty good deal).
  6. Oldtimer

Oldtimer LawnSite Bronze Member

If the mower has been maintained well you are paying a fair price. There are few walkers around that have been used at one location. These units are always worth more money because they are almost always in better condition.

7. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

That is a good deal of hours for 2 years of cutting by a non-lco but it is reasonable. 6000 is the top end of the pricing for that unit and I definately would try and get it for 5200 or so. Sounds like you are buying froma dealer and not a private party so consider the sales tax on the deal also. Everyone has their price but it is always worth a try to see if they will play. Call to some of the Walker dealers in a neighboring state and see what they would do for that.
    Its a good proven unit with the 20. I personally am a 26EFI owner and wouldn't ever own another carbed one if I had my way but the 20 is solid.