Dealer cant get EBZ 8001 what to do

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jbell113, Nov 13, 2006.

1. jbell113

jbell113 LawnSite Senior Member

A dealer near me who sells Stihl and Red max says he wont order any EBZ 8001 until al of his EBZ 8000,s are sold. This is the only redmax dealer near me so what is the difference between 8000 and 8001. I demoed a 7001 today and was highly impressed with it.

2. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Are you saying you want to demo an 8001 before you buy?

Or do you want to buy an 8001 right now?

If you're looking to buy one, they're on ebay.

3. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

thats where I got mine

4. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 8000 and I love it. If you decide to go that route then maybe you can get a discount because its a old model. Ask Envy about the differences.

5. jbell113

jbell113 LawnSite Senior Member

I wanted to demo a 8001 but all he had to demo was a 7001. Mainly wanted to know the difference between an 8000 and 8001 since an 8000 is all I have to choose from now.

6. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Well, I didn't just settle for the 8000's for a few reasons...

1) I just never had personally liked the 8000's. Fit, finish or feel.

2) The recalls and the poor reliability reports.

3) I understand the dealer's need to move existing product, but that goes nowhere with me when I'm not willing to settle for what they have in stock.

In all honesty, I was very nervous that I would not like the 8001's either. I was afraid there really would not be that much different. I would have sorta felt crappy about it if I hadn't... but at the same time I also already knew if I didn't like them that I would still be buying my stuff from them. Just different units.

At a quick glance in pictures, you really can't tell much difference between the 8000 and 8001. But in person, you can see it in the fit and finish, and you can feel it when you put them on your back.

As far as what is actually different... it's almost easier to say what is the same, and that would be:

The engine itself
    The engine cover
    The carb............ (but not the choke assembly)
    The airbox
    The front halfshell of the blower housing

Pretty much all the rest is different. I think I posted a list here somewhere. But some have claimed there are 8000's that have had most of the updates put on them. Dunno if that is true or not. But I'm figuring this only applies to the safety recall on the muffler and some who replaced broken frames with the new type that's stock on the 8001's.

7. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I am a Redmax dealer. Save your money and buy the 7001. You will never notice the difference in power on 99% of your jobs. The 8000, and 8001 are heavy and the 8000 has been trouble prone. After lugging the big blower around for 30 minutes, you will wish you had just gotten the 7001. That 7001 is a real workhorse, and easy on the back too.

8. grant087

grant087 LawnSite Member

get a shidaiwa 8510 you wont regret it, i had 7001s until that blower and let me tell you it is bad ass

9. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Just curious....

Are you a shorter guy?
    Have you used the 8001?

I can't say I disagree with you in a way, because between the 8000 and the 7001... if those were my primary choices, I would have went with the 7001.

But since those two are not the only two blowers out there, I decided to go with the 8001's and if it had not been those, I would have very likely went with more Echo 751's and accepted more tinker fixing. Either that or it would have been something else.

Don't get me wrong, I figure the 7001's are great blowers. I just find them uncomfortable. They are shorter and the bottom of the frame rides higher up on my low back. That's why I asked if you were shorter.

10. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Envy, what is it about that makes the 7001 uncomfortable for you because of your height? How tall are you?

I'm 5'8"/175#, do you think that my height(lack thereof)/size would make the 7001 fit my back well? I'd like to save the 80 bucks and go with the 7001, if the power difference is as small as Mowingman states.