1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Dealer checks out

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Scag48, Feb 4, 2001.

1. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Bad news guys. The dealer where I bought my Stihl blower is packin' up and movin' out. They're actually a supplier of orchard equipment, on account of I live in one of the best places to grow apples in the world, too bad they aren't selling worth a crap. That's actually why they are closing up shop. They can't sell enough tractors and they obviously can't sell enough power equipment and mowers and stuff so they are moving out. There is a good part though, they have another branch, but it's 45 miles away and I can't drive yet so if I have a problem, it's not going to be good. I'll also loose the just the relationship with the service guy there. One guy there has known my dad forever but I've gotten to know this guy better just this summer buy dropping by and picking up oil, etc.. I used to go by that place all the time when I was a little kid to look at the sweet John Deere's that were there, I guess that's all changing. I'm gonna miss that place, it's been around since the 40's and it's the only local place to have work done on equipment. I guess everyone is gonna loose on this deal. Has anyone ever had this happen before? I just didn't think it would ever happen. I guess I won't be buying a Stihl next time. I guess I'll have to move towards Shindaiwa or Redmax. But don't get me wrong, Stihl's are nice. Oh, and by the way, if you guys ever have a sugar craving, buy some of Washington's best apples, and if you're feeling really generous, come up here and buy someone's orchard so they don't have to suffer anymore. :) Later guys.
  2. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

SKAG--you got no problems! the sthil blower won't give you any problems so no big deal!

If I were you I'd be focused on the drivers license and the babes! you know they dig a young entrepreneur like you with wheels and some jingle in his pocket!

heck! buy a rider and pay one of them to drive it in a bikini. you'll make so much money you can host lawnsite reunions and pay our way out to the left coast!

3. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I guess the blower has made me some money, it's almost paid for itself and I only used it on a couple leaf jobs. :)
    A truck would be nice right now, so would a ZTR, but them dang women always mess with your head. LOL. Anyway, I really do hope that I can get another dealer in town. I highly doubt it but I need a power equipment dealer pretty badly. It's gonna be tough to run an adequate business without the right equipment, not to mention a dealer to service it. Anyway, pray for me guys. LOL. :)
  4. lawman

lawman LawnSite Member

Get the repair guys name and number and ask if he will be doing any side work. Keep the relationship and get your equipment fixed cheaper.