dealer day*comparing ztr's and lc packages.

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by TTPRODR, Aug 25, 2007.

1. TTPRODR

TTPRODR LawnSite Member

Ok I went out today to 3 different dealers,JD,EX,and Hustler looking at ztr's and lawn mowing packages,
    I'm not a company just looking to start a business in this,I know I have read I should start with used but I want new and good.
    anyway need opinions what brand should I go for .
    1)Hustler looking at the 44" miniz close to $6,000 6 months no interest no payment.
    2)JD 717 48" $6300 no interest no payment for 6 months.
    3)thats where I got hooked, Exmark 46"lazerHP 19hpKw with 5x10 wood floor trailer,handhelds rack, backpack blower,edger & hedger all shindawa for $8900
    no payments for 12months.
    all dealer say they could put all stuff together but exmark have actually all stuff together in inside showrooms ,I could have got out of there pulling all the equip and not worry of payment until sept 08.
    i like all of 'em but exmark got the better financial,
    I might comeback next week since my credit has being approved and get the whole thing.
    what do you all think?
    got no customers at all but ready to put all I got into this business and time to get the customers b4 start paying.

2. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Let me estimate this one out...
    Exmark mower $7000
    Trailer $800
    Racks $ 250
    Thats over 8 grand there if the estimates are right. Thats a good deal. You might be able to snag a few customers for the fall and last weeks of the season. This should give you something to build on for next spring.

3. TTPRODR

TTPRODR LawnSite Member

$7,000 for the machine thats what keeps me wondering if I should go hustler44minz for$6,000 but everything falls back on exmark because of the financing term exmark has.
    $7000 the ztr
    $1000 in handhelds(edger,hedger&blower)no trimmer included,already got my kawasaki.
    $900 in trailer.

4. joshco84

joshco84 LawnSite Senior Member

exmark is definately the best mower of the bunch. i personally would steer clear of the JD. there lawn equipment has gone downhill in the past few years. hustler builds a good mower also, just nothing compares with the results of an exmark.

5. TTPRODR

TTPRODR LawnSite Member

got another whole package deal from hustler,5x10 tlr all redmax handelds blower,hedger,edger 44"supermini Z all for $8800.
    should I stick with the Xmark triton 46 inch deck package deal or go with hustler 44 deal.
    need advices from the pros out here,this is a big investment and knowing anything about equip is a pain.

6. lawnguy001

lawnguy001 LawnSite Member

Just make yourself pay that Exmark pkg. off in the 12 mons. If you don't that 22.2% interest rate kicks in , and that won't be a lot of fun.

Walt

7. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

Seems a little high for the package. Toro ztr 36 with 19 kaw 5100. Stihl edger 345. sthil string trimer 330. Blower 500. Hedge trimmer 425. 7 by 10 Enclosed trailer 2100. Total 8800. You get an encloseed trailer and hedgers.

8. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

exmark has fantastic terms right now.

9. TTPRODR

TTPRODR LawnSite Member

hey rhett ,what toro ztr 36?Isnt maybe the 34,I was looking at toro website the subcompact ztr's and is only 34 and 40 available on the z300 series,and 34 is a little bit too small,maybe the 40"deck,I like the idea of enclosed trailer but the rig will be stored in my home garage and the door clearance is 80",
    is there enclosed trailers with less than 80" overall height?

10. TTPRODR

TTPRODR LawnSite Member

Went to another exmark dealer today,the 46"z hp for $6200,pb755echo blower $440, echo pe230 $290 edger and shc210 echo hedger$360 all for $7800 tax incl.
    5x10 trailer can buy new separately for $679 with 2x8 treated flooring.
    everything together including tlr come out to $8480.
    same ztr & trailer,$8970 with shindaiwa handhelds or $8480 with echo handhelds?