1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Dealer gives 90 days to pay

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by desert rose gardening, Apr 30, 2005.

1. desert rose gardening

desert rose gardening LawnSite Senior Member

I had to buy a new articulating hedger today, the gal behind the counter said I can give her 30% down and then have 90 days to pay it off. It was only $400.00 bucks so I just gave her the money and left. I was wondering if this is a common practice with your dealer?
  2. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Hmm Never heard of such a thing. I think when buying equipment less then $500 most would just pay cash...
  3. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

I've had them give 30 days but never 90.
  4. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree, I would have just paid for it and took off.

But mabey the dealer is trying to get more people to buy equipment.
    I know that many times at the beginning of the season, it would have been nice to get a trimmer with 90 day pay... :) :waving:
  5. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Never had 90 day. we pay everything net 30. :)
  6. splatz100

splatz100 LawnSite Senior Member

my dealer has no interest and no payments for 90
  7. desert rose gardening

desert rose gardening LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like Im lucky for them to offer 90 days to pay. I have bought my mowers that way in the past from them.
  8. greenwithenvylandscape

greenwithenvylandscape LawnSite Member

My dealer always gives 30 days and I use all thirty all the time. If you can buy a $500 item and keep $350 for 90 days I would do it. Better in my pocket than theirs.
  9. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

When I bought my spray tank from Lesco I was given 6 months to pay.....same with my Lesco leaf vac.
  10. SproulsLawnCare

SproulsLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member
    from IN

The JD dealer that I go to has been asking if I want to put most of my purchases on my account. So far I just pay for it then. They also let my father take his $600.00 push mower home and bring back a check when he was in the neighborhood the next time. Can't beat that!!