Dealer is closed!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by We do 4 U, Jul 12, 2003.

1. We do 4 U

We do 4 U LawnSite Member

the family and I were going to Wal-mart the other night and when we passed the dealer that sold me my Hustler it was closed! The nearest dealer is now about 1 hour away. I am now that much closer to selling my Super Z and getting a Ex-mark TT. This really sucks because all the other dealers in my area are not commercial friendly with it comes to repairs ( I am not sure of the ex-mark dealer, that are somewhat small-time still).

Oh well, thanks for listening to me.

2. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Aww man that sucks! THey didn't even let you know they were closing? Sounds kinda strange. Maybe someone else with pick up the Hustler line, since I sure your not the only one that owns Hustlers in your area. Having a dealer close by has many benifits so I know what your saying.

3. We do 4 U

We do 4 U LawnSite Member

I had heard rumors that they were closing but when I asked them they sad " no way, business is great". I mean it is like one day they are open, the next they were closed.

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

What was the name of your dealer ?
    I will look into this for you.
    Did you know that Land and Coates sells Hustler ?? they have 3 stores in your area, I think they would be closer for you.
    What is your Zip Code ?, or PM me your info, I will make sure we get you taken care of.
    Let me know
    Pj

5. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I knew they were closing, I offered the owner a lump sum for a lot of stuff including a new mower, and he wanted to sell me the stuff.

I went in to buy and the finance company had already reposessed the stuff from the dealer.

Small dealers can roll over dead in no time, the dealer business is competitive and not profitable lately.

KB

6. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Tell your Exmark dealer to pick up Hustler. I know its possible to do because my dealer up here has both.

Both great machines. Very hard to decide.

7. Ajays

Ajays LawnSite Member

Switch to Exmark.... you won't have any break-downs till they get a little bit bigger.

8. CMerLand

CMerLand LawnSite Senior Member

Wait a dealer went out of business???? But heck just a few weeks ago there was a thread here on lawnsite about all the $ 1000 of dollars these dealers are making on every sale and how you're a damn fool if you go in there and bend over a mower and pay what they say it costs.

He must have been one of those dealers that had too many of those LCOs with sharpened pencils on their desks living in his area. You know the ones that when the dealer said "Oh that mowers $ 3,500" and the LCO said "oh you can do better then that" so he dropped his price by $ 1,500, just cause that LCO was smart enough to ask for the wink-wink discount.

Imagine that, a dealer closing down his money pump? I guess Ive heard about it all now.

Tongue firmly planted in cheek.

CMerrick

9. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth