Dealer knows best ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ken6224, Jun 14, 2006.

1. ken6224

ken6224 LawnSite Member
    from Ga

I went to 3 different dealers to day to get a w/b. And all they want to sale are ztr's. Had two of them tell me the w/b is a piece of junk, you need a ztr. Thats all good but I don't need a ztr at this time. the 3rd dealer I went to said he would get a w/b If I signed a Buyers agreement.
    Is this just a local thing ? Has anyone else ran into this?:confused:

2. Audrey

Audrey LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa.

Nope.
    Dealers around here will be tripping over themselves to sell you anything you happen to have the cash for.

A

3. Nosmo

Nosmo LawnSite Bronze Member

That 3rd dealer said he'd get a WB if you would sign a Buyer's Agreement. Did you ask what this agreement involved ?

Nosmo

4. NickN

NickN LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

Local dealer here said they couldn't sell them,so they quit carrying them.Only ZTRs now.

5. cwlawley

cwlawley LawnSite Senior Member

Wow, keep looking. Both have their advantages and disadvantages, so get what you think you need. Dealer support should play a big role in your decision though, maybe you should ask some more about this buyers agreement. It may just say that if he orders it you have to buy it.

6. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

I would call up several dealers in atlanta and see what they have to offer. Only a 1hr drive or so from macon IIRC. I used to live in milledgeville about 8 years ago.

7. DAVEY PROS

DAVEY PROS LawnSite Member

My bro and I run our business in Duluth near Johns Creek - do you know where that is?

Anyways what dealers are you going to see? There are a couple great ones that I know of on buford highway and 141. Let me know if you're interested because they will surely give you no sh*t.

And I would really, really recommend Howard Brothers if you know where that is. Whether its a gas can you're buying or a w/b they'll help you out and treat you fairly.

8. Dashunde

Dashunde LawnSite Senior Member

Wow... Well, now you know who NOT to buy from.
    "Buyers Agreement"? Wtf is that anyway?

Ken... what are you seeing on the other lco's trailers around your area?
    Do you have steep hills?

9. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Those dealers are obviously more interested in themselves than you, I'm with the rest of the guys here when I say go look elsewhere until you find one that doesn't feed you that line of crap. No offense, but it is also possible that if you're new, they saw you coming <- Yet another reason to go elsewhere.

10. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

I had a dealer try to talk me up from a W/B to a ztr once. It was quickly appearant that he was just interested in up selling me, so I left. ZTRs are great but not on hilly 5,ooo sq ft lawns like most of mine.