Dealer knows nothing

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ztrguy, Apr 8, 2003.

1. ztrguy

ztrguy LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE FL

I'm having problems finding the right parts for my Exmark Lazer Z HP 52" mower. I have been to the dealer and they can't even tell me or sell me the right parts. All I need is an Air Cleaner, Mulching Blades, Oil Filter. Is there any way I can just order these parts instead of going through this dealer again? Please help me out here. I needed them like 2 weeks ago. Also, can anyone tell me what kind of Oil I need to use for this mower. It has the 23 hp Kawasaki engine. Would Penzoil HD30 work? Or, what do I need? Thanks.
  2. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

Your Exmark dealer cant supply you with an oil filter, air filter and mulching blades?????:eek:

I think I'd click on the Exmark Forum and log a complaint. That's really horrible service, how do you expect them to be able to fix the thing WHEN it breaks?
  3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

All kawi oil filters are the same, assuming your getting oem filters.
    The fools should be able to figure out the air filter real easy.
    The blades for a 52" are the exact same as for the 36". They should have tons of them in stock. If your having problems with this dealer you really should drop an email to Fred, Dustin, or Terry at eXmark. They need to know this type of stuff.
  4. CO.d 502nd

CO.d 502nd Banned

What kind of dummy dealer you got they dont their ***** from a hole in the ground.
    Those air and oil filters for the kawasaki would be items that would do on a slew of brands that use the same motor.
    Blades should be 18 inch blades that fit both 36 and 52 mowers.
    Lord the the title of this thread is a understatement lol
  5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Wonder what you really think?????:laugh: :laugh:
  6. ztrguy

ztrguy LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE FL

You guys are all right. I go up to the parts counter.....and the guy keeps coming back asking me if the Air Cleaner looks like this? Or does the Air Cleaner look like this? I said, I just bought the thing and haven't even had it a month.....I don't know for sure what it uses. These guys should have the parts number or something to go by so they can get me what I want. I told them exactly what mower I have and they couldn't even get the parts to me. They sold me the standard discharging blades instead of the Mulching Blades, sold me the wrong Air Cleaner, and who knows if I have the right Oil Filter or not. I haven't tried to change it yet. Anyways, that dealer is the closest one from me (90 miles). I may have to go elsewhere to get service I guess. Is there any way I can just find a number for these parts?
  7. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

go to and purchase the parts yourself. Their prices are more than half the price for parts at your dealer.
  8. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

Best of luck to you on getting this resolved. Hopefully you were just dealing with the new parts person while everyone else was at lunch.

9. Farmboy

Farmboy LawnSite Member

Sounds like you are dealing with the dealer in springfield!
  10. Dependable Lawncare

Dependable Lawncare LawnSite Member

That would be Ozark Power Center??

That is the only dealer for Exmark in this area but they unfortunately mainly carry John Deere. If it ain't green apparently they don't know much about it.