Dealer List!!

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by mcwlandscaping, Apr 19, 2006.

1. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

WOW! just noticed the site!! man, so billy goat came out with the force blowers!!! wow! goin to my dealer in a little bit to check this out now that i know!! NICE!

2. Turf Dancer

Turf Dancer LawnSite Senior Member

Hmmm! Force= Billy Goat! Sounds like somebody got bought out in a hurry!

3. mcwlandscaping

i think they just used force as a cover up to keep the competition from realizing it was billy goat making the blower........doesn't that sound more likely than someone being bought out before they even put out the product? Good plan IMO

4. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

And they used the cover name to make us all go wow I like! And now were all talking about it. Great plan if you ask me:)

5. Turf Dancer

Turf Dancer LawnSite Senior Member

Maybe so but I know of several companies up in this neck of the woods that have been bought out before really hitting the marketplace. Sometimes the competition will spare a huge expense if they have a fear of losing market share. Who knows what is really up with them just made a statement about something that I know has happened with other companies. I did also think about the idea that everyone else is talking about just didn't post it. It really doesn't affect me one way or the other.

6. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

I feel used by billy goat now... They basically got free advice and recommendations on their new product thanks to us. Notice how the rep prolly isnt going to be on here anymore as well.

7. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

I don't think this is the case at all. Everyone is going to look at this differently. Some may think it was a genius marketing strategy and others may feel otherwsie. Either way, they created excitement and a buzz - and afterall, isn't that what marketing is all about?

8. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

One thing for sure if they dont stick around, i'm never buying anything from them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Mr. Force® Billy Goat Industries

Mr. Force® Billy Goat Industries LawnSite Senior Member

I'm sorry if anyone is feeling used, that was not our intention. Our intention was to get feedback on the unit without anyone knowing who we were. We couldn't even tell our distributors or dealers. Some of them asked us about the Force. We would say we know about it but there's nothing we can do about it at this time. The longer we kept quiet the longer people would talk, thus allowing us to get very important feedback as well as covert marketing. It also concerned some of our competition. One of our competitors visited our site 72 times from their own address! Who knows how many times they visited us from other locations.

As for those who think we bought the Force out. Look at the eyes. This was set up since the beginning. We started this project back in the 4th quarter of 2004 and used many new types to technology and techniques. There was only one Mr. Force and that was me as well. I've got 13 years of sales experience with Billy Goat before I was brought in as the Product Manager over a year ago. I am very familiar with the industry as well as the various constraints placed upon it.

Please let me know if there are any questions I can answer for you.

Drew Coates
    (aka Mr. Force)

10. mcwlandscaping

Very well put, the chances of me buying the product when it first comes out are very good. i like the way you put this product together, how you marketed it even without the "big name brand"(billy goat) on there and were able to get a lot of people scyked about a new product from a new manufactureer, the fact that it is a well know, well trusted name makes me want to buy it even more. i can't wait for it to come out

(hope that makes some sense!!)