1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Dealer must be confussed

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grassyfras, Sep 28, 2004.

1. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

One of my dealers today said, this is the owner, that most guys get $35 a man hour for doing leaf work. And this same guy wants me to spend 3500 on a vac. I think for $35 leaf work Ill pass on. Im getting 40-60 an hour for mowing before expenses. So for leave work I would want at least 45 an hour. AM I crazy or is this guy. Or is he just talking about grunt workers.
  2. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

$35 IS too low. I don't do leaf clean-ups for less than $55-60 per hour. He is crazy. We aren't just out there working, we're running a business.
  3. PR Fect

PR Fect LawnSite Bronze Member

Depends on what you are using. $35 per hr for one man a rake and a tarp. Not bad. Commercial mower with a vac, truck, blower, loader....... $65 or more an hour. Just for starters.
  4. economiclawncare

economiclawncare LawnSite Member

i am thinking $65 an hour b.c most people dont want to do it there self and there is not as much competion for this kind of work.
  5. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

6. ReckordGeneralMaintenance

ReckordGeneralMaintenance LawnSite Member

what else you going to be doing when the leaves are down the grass going to stop but then again 35 is low try the 45