Dealer quoted $8,116 for Hustler Z 60" 25HP without tax

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ProStreetCamaro, Feb 25, 2008.

1. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

My hustler dealer which is 1 mile from me gave me a price sheet with MSRP prices then at the bottom wrote "your discount 17% off MSRP".

In other words a 60" Z with 25hp Kaw he wants $8116.57 plus 6% sales tax which would come to $8,603. Am I correct in thinking this is higher than most dealers are selling them for? There is currently a post going in the commercial cutting forum and a guy listed the prices he was quoted and this same mower his dealer wants $7,200 and another guy paid $7,400 for his. Thats almost a grand cheaper. Heck even John Deere was cheaper and we all know they are always higher priced than everybody else.

Maybe this is why in my 20+ years in business in this area I have only ever seen 1 hustler mower on a trailer. I am not knocking hustler at all so please dont take this wrong. So is my dealer on crack or is that the average price they go for?

2. Hunter73

Hunter73 LawnSite Member

Seems high to me. I know it varies by state and dealer. I paid $7550 out the door for that exact mower Friday.

3. ProStreetCamaro

Yeah see this is what I am talking about. Out the door it would be $8603 for me which is over $1,000 more than you paid for the same exact mower.

4. Hunter73

Hunter73 LawnSite Member

My dealer is low volume too. Find a dealer that has a big inventory and you'll probably get a great price.

5. karol

karol LawnSite Member
    from ontario

Buying it is one thing trying to get parts for a hustler is another. Look at a different brand.

6. ProStreetCamaro

I dbout if I buy one but I figured might as well check them out. Right now I am leaning real heavy toward a JD then next in line is a tie between an ultracut lazer and a XDZ Gravely.

7. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

Is that a Super Z or a regular Z?

8. GravelyNut

GravelyNut LawnSite Bronze Member

No problem getting parts here. Most parts are in by the second working day if we don't have it in stock. Engine parts are another story, but that is true on any brand that uses that make engine.

9. newguymowing

newguymowing LawnSite Member

im about a hour and half away from u same exact mower test drove and got a price on thursday 7800 out the door

10. GravelyNut

GravelyNut LawnSite Bronze Member

That sounds about right.