Dealer quoted price seems high

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by ProStreetCamaro, Feb 25, 2008.

1. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

My hustler dealer which is 1 mile from me gave me a price sheet with MSRP prices then at the bottom wrote "your discount 17% off MSRP".

In other words a 60" Z with 25hp Kaw he wants $8116.57 plus 6% sales tax which would come to $8,603. Am I correct in thinking this is higher than most dealers are selling them for? There is currently a post going in the commercial cutting forum and a guy listed the prices he was quoted and this same mower his dealer wants $7,200 and another guy paid $7,400 for his. Thats almost a grand cheaper. Heck even John Deere was cheaper and we all know they are always higher priced than everybody else.

Maybe this is why in my 20+ years in business in this area I have only ever seen 1 hustler mower on a trailer. I am not knocking hustler at all so please dont take this wrong. So is my dealer on crack or is that the average price they go for?

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

17% off of MSRP is good pricing, you cant take sales tax into account, you have to pay it regardless, unless your going out of state, even then your supposed to pay it.
    Dealers vary in pricing, tons of factors in that, overhead etc...

3. pmspaul

pmspaul LawnSite Member

I'm looking at an ad from my local dealer for a 20hr demo 30hp 66" Super Z with the suspension seat and flex forks for $8499. He also has a new 25hp Kaw 54" Super Z with suspension seat for $8399. How good do these deals sound mowerconsultant? I was really interested in the 54 or 60, but the 30/66 sounds like a decent deal.

Thanks

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

MSRP is as follows on those models....

Super Z, 30HP Kohler / 66" XR-7, SUSP seat SZ30KOH66XR7SSA (928051) $11,299

Super Z, 25HP Kawasaki / 54" XR-7, SUSP seat. SZ25KAW54XR7SSA (927871) $10,799

The pricing you have is good, I would go talk to the dealer and see if they still have them..

Pj

5. noz34me

noz34me LawnSite Member

Dealer in my area is selling that same mower for $6900, new & with the suspension seat.

6. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Yikes my dealer must be trying to screw people.

7. pmspaul

pmspaul LawnSite Member

PJ,

I went and saw them. They still had it (Super Z 30/66), now I do. Very nice guys over there, they were very knowledgeable, friendly and personable. It was Kuhn Turf Equipment located just east of Columbus, assuming it's OK to mention names. The Hustler sales rep happened to be there also. He was very nice and even entertained my kids while I talked to the salesman.

Honestly, aside from this being a great brand of mower, it was the personal customer service from their staff, and the Hustler Sales Rep and yourself that made me buy the mower. There's a lot to be said for treating people well and you guys really seem to understand that.

Thanks for the help,
    -Paul

8. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Thats great to hear !!
    Welcome to the family !!
    Steve will always take care of you, and Barry (regional manager) will always be there also, you have some of the best regional and dealer representation out there !!
    Post up some pics of your new ride.

Pj

9. timmac

timmac LawnSite Senior Member

my dealer quoted me a 30 horse 60 in cut super z for right at 9000. this seems a little high.

10. MOHUSTLER

MOHUSTLER LawnSite Bronze Member

That is a great price!