dealer says toro owns exmark

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by whiteclifflawn, May 13, 2005.

1. whiteclifflawn

whiteclifflawn LawnSite Member

I have neever hear this and think he is telling me that just to make me think that exmarks are the same basic thing as toros, be I just have never hear of anything linking the two.

2. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I do believe he's correct.

3. whiteclifflawn

whiteclifflawn LawnSite Member

I have just never heard of that, I thought they were seperate companys, maybe he is right. If so, which is the better machine exmark or toro, I am new to the high end home market, I have always just used scags and done larger commercial, and larger home's, I am now finding alot better money in the more detailed high end homes.

4. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

exmark makes the toro, same machine, I don't know if they own exmark or just have a large stake in the company, I know exmark was struggling a little and toro needed a better z so it only made sense to bail out exxmark and rebadge with the toro name.

5. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: Toro, does own exmark, just got new belts for my exmark and the were toro part #'s. been about 3 years now

6. stryper

stryper LawnSite Member
    from IL

7. Grass Masters

Grass Masters LawnSite Member
    from NC

BOth come off the same assembly line just diffrent stickers put on the mowers

8. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Yep. Both essentailly the same.

9. extoro

extoro LawnSite Member

Not all the way true. While they are basically the same machine, spindals & blades are not interchangeable.

10. Grass Masters

Grass Masters LawnSite Member
    from NC

It is true I have been to the plant and seen with my own eyes where they are built and both mowers come off the same assembly line

They may build 50 of one then 50 of the other but you get the point lol