1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Dealer says Toro will have a stander next year

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HazellLawnCare, Nov 8, 2006.

1. HazellLawnCare

HazellLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I was at the local Toro dealer today and was telling him I was getting ready to purchase 4 new Wright standers after the first of the year(he is not a wright stander dealer). Anyways he just got back from the Toro ride and drive day for dealers and said they were talking about a stander coming out next year. Now what I am asking of my fellow lawn site member is beg your dealers to hound their reps. I want a date and some pictures so bad!!
  2. saw man

saw man LawnSite Bronze Member
    from utah

The rep will be in next week, I will ask then.

He was in today with the redmax guy and there is a new 2601 handheld blower coming out next year with a handle on bottom but not sure if they changed anything else. I'll ask next week.
  3. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

I hope so... i'll sell my exmark and get one of those!
  4. HazellLawnCare

HazellLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Speaking of Redmax that is another thing the dealer and I were talking about. I was so in hopes that Husqvarna didn't can Redmax and just use their federal emissions stuff. My dealer said there is nothing to worry about in the near future.
  5. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

I bet that if Toro has a stander that Exmark will have one too. Wasn't there a thread this summer about a guy who saw a prototype somewhere in the Carolina's?
  6. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

All of the time R&D guys have had to improve Standers, I can't wait to see what comes out.
  7. Ronnie Greenwood1

Ronnie Greenwood1 LawnSite Member
    from IL

Wow a stander with ECS that would be great but iI bet the price wont$$$$$$$$$$$$
  8. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

They are sure in my prayers... I'll tell you that much.

I'm praying the deal just falls through.

As for the Toro standers.... I gotta highly doubt that. Not unless it's going to be farmed out to Wright or Everride.... or unless some patents are due to expire.
  9. saw man

saw man LawnSite Bronze Member
    from utah

I really dont think they will change much with Redmax, I think they bought them more for their engines meeting emissions.

I think you will see orange Redmax blowers and probably a straight shaft edger but not much else.

oh yea, I also heard Redmax will have a 40cc saw for about $200 that will be assembled in China. Dont know much else about that though.
  10. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct