1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Dealer Screw Up

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by WPLE, Oct 17, 2008.

1. WPLE

WPLE LawnSite Member

So I have been drooling over a Scag wildcat for a few months, priced around, yada yada. Finally ordered it Wed. and dealer said they would deliver it Friday or Sat. So this morning I called to see when it would be so I could schedule the day and was told it would be delivered around three today. So I am all excited can't wait for it to get here so I can go sling some grass.

Well dealer shows up with the mower, bagger, and seat already installed and I am like a kid in the candy store. Checking things out, helping him unstrap it, then he gets on it and starts it up. WAIT a min. That is not a liquid cooled sound. Ended up he had brought me the wrong dang mower. Suppose to be liquid cooled kawi, he brought me a air cooled kohler.

He made a couple calls and sure enough he had a kawi engine on his list not kohler. I live 54 mi. away from the dealer so I am glad he drove it and not me. Plus he has to take the clamshell bagger and suspension seat off that one and put it all on the kawi. So now I have to wait some more for my new mower :cry:

Just wanted to share.
  2. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

the wait will be worth it.
  3. Nosmo

Nosmo LawnSite Bronze Member

Darn, what a bummer. Reminds me of the time back in 1964 when I married the wrong woman.

I'll bet the dealer will double check his order before assembling parts (baggers and seats) to the wrong mower ever again. We learn from our mistakes.

4. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

Maybe some but not all. :) The dealer might get him the wrong mower twice, you just never know with some people.
  5. The Scag Wildcat is a great mower. I think it is a very under rated mower that out performs just about any mower out there. Plus, you can't kill the thing! Plenty of power and is very well balanced. Good Luck!
  6. hillbilly_lawnboy

hillbilly_lawnboy LawnSite Member

$hit happens man. just be patient

MOHUSTLER LawnSite Bronze Member

Belive me, the dealer is sweating this WAY more then anyone else. That just cost him alot of shop time and drive time and money.
  8. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

I was thinking that myself. I wonder if that particular dealer considers that good predelivery prep when they don't recognize it has the wrong engine. Makes you wonder what else they could miss!

I guess it could always be worse, some doctors have been known to remove parts from the wrong person.

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Doesn't it suck to have to wait on the new toys? I've had a to wait an extra week to get my new trailer and Billygoat truck loader because I had to wait for checks to clear and I had to transfer money. Once I get it this week, I'm not going to be able to use the leaf loader yet because I still need to build a box for my truck. Sorry to vent, what I mean is I feel your pain. I hate to wait.
  10. WPLE

WPLE LawnSite Member

Yes, He called his boss to let him know what was going on and he boss said "well I knew I qouted him on a lc kawi but I didn't say anything"

Anyway I will be glad when it finally gets here and I can start sucking up some leaves.