Dealer selling a almost new Stihl BR 600

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by clean_cut, May 25, 2010.

1. clean_cut

clean_cut LawnSite Bronze Member

My dealer is selling an almost new stihl br600 for $390, the blower looks almost new with no big scratches or anything. The previous owner had some properties(a hospital I think) that didn't want the loud blower so he had to give it back to the dealer. I was told he only owned it for a few months and it doesn't look heavily used at all.

The dealer said the only difference was the tube at the end of the blower, but I've heard that there are some differences in the valves and the gas tubes, am I correct?

My question is should I spend $390 for a regular br600 or should I spend $490 and get a br 600 MAGNUM? Are the differences really big and worth $100?

The dealer will also give me a full warranty on the mower even though it is slightly used.
  2. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

always buy handhelds new.
  3. Butler Landscaping

Butler Landscaping LawnSite Member

the br600 magnum should be $449 brand new thats how much they are at the dealers around here. and i agree you should buy handhelds new unless you get too good of a deal to pass up (i got a barely used fc110 for $100)
  4. clean_cut

So you think I should pay the extra 100 for the Magnum, even though the regular BR 600 comes with a FULL warranty from the dealer?

Oh yeah, I've checked a few of the dealers around here from the Stihl website and they all had the blower listed as $489

MOHUSTLER LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats because its stihls site and they do not price compete online. Go in and talk to him in person and you might get a better deal. And id allways be leary of buying a returned blower. He could be lying through his teeth and it could of had a defect and they had to trade him for a new one. You might be buying someone elses nightmare.
  6. blakerugg

blakerugg LawnSite Senior Member

i agree. it may seem like a good deal, but you never know. just figured id cast my vote for the 600 mag instead of the 600.
  7. clean_cut

I don't think the dealer is going to rip any one off, another lawn care company was in there and they seemed to know the dealer very well (by name) and seemed to be happy with their service, the lady I talked too seemed very nice also. The dealer also offered a full warranty even though the blower is slightly used.

I think I'll opt out though, I just think it would be worth it to get the Magnum, but then again it's almost $100 more.
  8. MowingMowingMowing

MowingMowingMowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Spend the extra $100 and get a NEW br600 magnum.
  9. clean_cut

Thanks guys for the advice.