Dealer shuts...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by yardboyltd, Nov 16, 2001.

1. yardboyltd

yardboyltd LawnSite Senior Member

I was driving home yesterday and passed my favorite dealer/service shop. The shop was empty. No more Kawasaki, Echo, Toro, and service for my machines. This guy gave insight on commercial property bids and was honest. Guess the slowdown in business go to him. Now all we have is JD and Clipper(suck) for mowers. One dealers gets a snapper every now and then... We only have Stihl now too. Not much of a selection...

Ever had this happen?

Oh and Hustler if your'e reading, do you guys offer traveling repair shops or on-site repair. Looks like you guys could be my #1 pick now with Toro gone. I like the hustlers better but service for Toro would be faster here, but they're gone. Nearest repairshop is over 150 miles I believe, long way if anything happened...If you guys don't, you should consider, great way to add on to you legendary customer service

2. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

Might not be the dealers fault-could be the distributor. Around here you dont find many toro dealers anymore because the area distributor was horrible, never could get parts, etc so the dealers decided its better to drop it than have to deal with lousy service from the ones who hold the cards.

3. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Seems to be that case with alot of Toro Distributors.

4. yardboyltd

yardboyltd LawnSite Senior Member

The shop didn't stock toros. Basically it was a small engine service shop. He serviced anything with a motor even caddy I saw in there once. The service was great, small shop. Leaves two shops and one is crooked and the other is JD...