1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Dealer Support. Do you have it???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sildoc, Mar 30, 2005.

1. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

I currently have been pulling my hair out. I started Tuesday morning running my toro mower when, whammmmm the spindles started flopping around making all sorts of a racket. Crap. 1 1/2 hours of down time to run to dealer to have them replace the spindles (luckily still under warranty). Now what. I have 3 more jobs left smallest being 2 acres and largest just under 5.
    Ok dealer offers there loaner. Great. HMM 72" which will work on all of my accounts but problem is I only have a 6' wide trailer. No go.
    They look around and all they have are new mowers left. Owner says no to new mowers and the 48" and 52" are already on loan.
    Anyways long story short, They ended up sending one of their lot boys to follow me around with the company truck and trailer. He mowed and I trimmed and edged. Finished in 4 hours what takes me 7 hours to do.
    Thank you to a dealer that will get my business from now on.
  2. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a good relationship with my dealer, too. However, I'm not sure if it is that strong. I haven't had to test those waters yet.

Great story.
  3. AK Lawn

AK Lawn LawnSite Member

depens on how much i spend each year
  4. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

We have a good relationship with our dealer and even though we don't spend that much he would still probibly do that for us if we asked him to.
  5. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

Dealer #1 is great. fixes stuff quick would definately give a loaner if needed. Great guy and great business.

Dealer #2 took 5 weeks to fix my mower. No offer of a loaner. Had to call the factory to get it fixed properly. Picked it up yesterday and was told user error was the cause of the problem. Of course it had nothing to do with the fact that his mechanic has no idea what hydros do or how they work. Not one more cent to those guys.
  6. K&L Landscaping

K&L Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

My dealer would do the same with no questions asked. It wouldn't surprise me if he loaned us a new one to use, he's that helpful. I ordered a mulch kit for my eXmark HP on Friday afternoon and he was calling my cell phone Monday at lunch time to tell me it was in. If that's not fast service I don't what is. I am truly blessed to have a dealer like him!
  7. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

And I thought this was going to be a bad dealer experience thread!

My dealer is also really good, although I don't know about following me around with a truck....