Dealer Support, Make sure you have it!!

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by precisioncut, Jul 18, 2004.

1. precisioncut

precisioncut LawnSite Senior Member

It is very important. Don't let them fool you! I never though it was all that important but I was wrong. My blower went out the other day, took it in to the shop where I purchase most everthing (bought a 36" bobcat a couple months ago from them). They seen me come in with it, they took it from me, gave it to the mechanic, and asked me to wait a minute. Like 8-10 mins later they tell me the coil is bad and will order it from echo. They will put it a priority above all else when part arrives and offered me a loaner until it is repaired.

Fact of the matter is that, you need this type of support to keep you going. So talk to your potential dealers or current dealers and get some feedback, possibily from there current commercial customers.

(by the way, everthing is covered by warranty, so thats another good thing)

2. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

The coil should be a item in stock at all times.

3. precisioncut

precisioncut LawnSite Senior Member

parts do run out, not a big deal. Still great dealer support.

4. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

did they get it yet?

5. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

Dealer support is the most important thing. By far. My dealer would have brought me a loaner to the site and picked mine up. They do that for any equipment. Mowers,trimmers,edgers...etc.

6. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

It's just as important when we find an outstanding dealer like that for us to support him. I have a dealer like the one mentioned above. Don't be fooled by a few pieces of commercial equipment on the lot. Maybe our shared experiences are because of the brand, Bob-Cat. I haven't seen them sold anywhere except full service dealers and everyone I've seen or heard about has been exceptional.

7. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

I stick to my dealer because of kick-ass service. Even though his selection isn't the greatest, I wouldn't go to another dealer with better selection who has crappy service. My dealer bends over backwards for me if I need it. I recommend him 100%.

:D

8. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

Drive Belt broke on my 48 scag ztr last monday.They told me they didnt have the part in stock its now coming to 7 days later and me calling three times and the mower is still not fixed.First time they said "well we are swamped right now"(only reason i took it back to the shop is because its still covered under the warranty).Next time i called they said they dont know whats taking so long to get a simple belt in,give them a few more days.Im about fuming right now.. way behind on work all over a belt i could have probably fixed myself in an hours time.GOOD Dealer support is a must!!!!!

9. mike48114

mike48114 LawnSite Member

No coil in stock...put ketchup on the old coil and put it up thier butt!

10. galagers

galagers LawnSite Member

Had the dealer I use order a part for a Echo 210 trimmer would take 3 days to get first thing he asks is if I need a loaner, tell him it would help as my backup was a ryobi that had seen better days. The owner looks for his loaner can't find it so he walks to the display wall and takes a $300 260 off the wall and says let me service it for you. Blown away I said I would get it back to him that evening, he said to keep it till my part comes in. I will be buying all equipment from him in the future. Customer service is worth a few extra bucks.