Dealer support - one fast one slow

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by CutApproved, Jan 16, 2006.

1. CutApproved

CutApproved LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Why do dealers do this to you.. I'm talking to one mower place and he's trying to sell me a Super Z, find out the distributor doesn't have any so I'd have to buy a 06 model.. too much for me.

So I call another dealers,, cool guy over the phone, tells me and agrees with me that I really only need the Super Mini Z (52", 25Kaw)

Now I asked both to get me prices,,
    The 2nd guy I called back the next day about 11am ,, and WHAM,, gave me prices on 04/05 model and 05 model.
    They were about a $500 difference,, all I had to do is cofirm what I wanted to spend.

The 1st guy still hasn't called me back because he said Got to talk to the distributor, so I'm wondering??? Does he think that I'm not going to look around.. I'm not that cheap but a deal is always a good deal. (I did'nt post the prices because I'm not sure if I was allowed.)

So give me your opinions.
    I'm not bashing anyone,, I guess I just trying to point out that all the dealers need to be a little more responsive yet not too pushy.
    tks

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Post your models and prices.
    I would like to know what your looking for.
    The reason I say this is because we use 2 distributors (totally separate companies with separate sales forces) in NJ, one covers the northern counties and another the southern.
    I can look for what you want and let the corresponding dealer know what model and where he can get it.

Pj

3. CutApproved

CutApproved LawnSite Member
    from NJ

PJ - I was quoted on the Super Mini Z / 52" / 25hp Kaw.

Just under $8 for the 2005 model & just over $7 for the 04/05 model.

I also plan on getting the bagging system later in the season. See when I can take one for a test drive too. The one dealer told me he needed an answer yes or no if I'm buying by middle or end of next month. He said he would be able to save everyone on shipping if they are all ordered at the same time.

Let me know.
    I'm in Somerville, NJ (area)

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

E-mail me your contact information and the dealers you are calling.
    I am going to have out territory manager look into this for you and get your dealers straight on whats available.

Pj