1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Dealer Support?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by precisioncut, Jan 2, 2004.

1. precisioncut

precisioncut LawnSite Senior Member

Don't you get it if you have a piece of equip that they service? I mean, how many of you don't buy equipment from somewhere other that the dealer? I found some good deals on some stuff and was wondering what the harm is in buying it not from the dealer. If it has a warranty the dealer has to honor it(if they service that equipment). Is buying from the dealer the best way to go and why?
  2. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Most of the time I do buy my new equipment from the same dealer that does my service. If I buy something from somewhere else, they have always been more than willing to work on it. They know that we buy out other companies and sometimes get the equipment in the deal. You don't always buy everything new or from a local dealer.
  3. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

My local dealers provide the support of a training bra. Therefore I buy equipment that in my estimation will be the most problem free. I also have a backup for just about everything.
  4. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I couldnt put it better. And for that reason, I buy my parts from j-thomas online. Dealers are good for nothing, and over priced on parts.
  5. broken leg

broken leg LawnSite Senior Member

My Toro dealer in Durham has backed what he sells from day one. The only reason I bough the Walker from some one else is because he did not sell Walkers and I wanted one. The dealer in Burlington has a good rep. He is a member of the Almance county landscapers assoc. You might pay a little more but shop around for a dealer with go service it will pay off.