Dealer Trade-in

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by American_Lawn, Feb 17, 2008.

1. American_Lawn

American_Lawn LawnSite Member

Does anyone know if you can trade your equipment in for different mowers? I have a mower with 90hrs on it and I want to trade it in and get a wb and a bigger Z. OR should I sell it and then get the other(s). I did poor planning for growing.

2. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

We take trades at our store here in Granbury, but not many others do. Ask around, you may get lucky.

3. American_Lawn

What shop are you?

4. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

you might get more $ selling the machine.. ive never tried trading in a lawn mower. just my trucks....

5. American_Lawn

The reason that I thought of this was because there is a shop near me that has 1 or 2 used units up front. I was going to stop by on monday and ask but I figured I would ask if anyone here has ever done it?

6. Mowinforaliving

Mowinforaliving LawnSite Bronze Member

You can trade them in, but just like trucks or anything else, it seems like you always get raped. Some dealers won't take certain brands on trade in, some don't care. If you're trading "up" for a more expensive mower, they can usually get a little closer to what your machine is worth. You still get raped, just not as bad. My opinion.

7. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

it never hurts to ask...i have no idea, your dealer might give you good money for your machine.. like i said ive never done it so it beats me...

8. American_Lawn

what would you guys recommend? I have a 34 mini z. I was thinking of getting a wb 32 and a bigger z. The reason I bought the z was becasue I was mowing myself and I now want to add a helper and have two mowers.

9. Mowinforaliving

Mowinforaliving LawnSite Bronze Member

How much are you wanting for it? Year? Hours?, etc? I need something for back yards and have been researching walk behinds. I'd rather have something I could sit on though. Tell me about your machine.

10. American_Lawn

It is the toro mini z 34 inch. I have put about 90 hours on it. I got it last year and I paid 5500 for it.