1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Dealer tried to screw me on Jungle Boot!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Pecker, Mar 11, 2006.

1. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Looking at the large Jungle Boot which is MSRP $39 on Jungle Jim's website www.junglejimasp.com. Obviously you cannot order directly from the website (and by the way it is not convenient to call Jungle Jim for info or even find a dealer due to their website design). Anyhow, I find a dealer locally that deals for Jungle Jim - call them up and the guy says he'll order it should be there in a day or two. Second day I call him up, it is in! Great! Then the guy says the total is $62.xx. I said, oh, well the guy who took the order for me the other said ". . ." so the guy gets me the guy who I spoke to the other day, who then explains that Jungle Jim's price went up to $47, plus they want me to pay $7.95 for shipping, plus some other crap, plus tax. :angry: "I said, well I've never been asked to pay MORE than the msrp for something. . .usually that is a premium and I actually had hoped your price was less than the $39, and now you're saying it is way more?" Again, then he said the price he told me must have been last year's price and that Jungle Jim went up on their price (which I find hard to believe because it is already rip-off high).

Upon my resistance the guy said they usually require special orders paid up front. I said whats special about this, I though you told me you are a dealer for Jungle Jim. Then he's like, well I tried to call you but your cell phone kept giving me an error message (which is possible, but. . .) and I said thanks for ordering it anyway, but if you had told me you were going to raise the price by 50% I could have saved you the trouble. Long story short, I told them they could keep it.

SO, since this bogus dealer is the only one in my area who sells Jungle Jim, can anyone tell me an online dealer for Jungle Jim where I can get this Jungle Boot (yes, I do still want it after all :rolleyes: )

2. Daily Lawn/Landscape

Daily Lawn/Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Look for another dealer close to you and call them. If it's to far to drive see how much to ship it to you.
  3. lawncarepros2004

lawncarepros2004 LawnSite Member

good god are we talking 67 dollars for shoes. My word. haven't spent that little on work boots in 20 years.
  4. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Are you for real?? He's talking about an equipment boot, not work boots.:hammerhead:
  5. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

6. lazer 46

lazer 46 LawnSite Senior Member

I ordered a jungle jack from www.commercialdirect.net yesterday. They have lots of Jungle Jim products but I didn't see what you are looking for. Perhaps try them and they can get it for you.
  7. prizeprop

prizeprop LawnSite Senior Member

Whats a jungle boot? I assume its not footware. Seriuosly never heard of it.
  8. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

it's like a smaller pro locker for 21" mowers or spreaders
  9. Pecker

Thanks for your replys. I did a search on power41 and commercian direct to no avail. Has anyone seen it on their website? Also where can I check out a Pro Locker or any device like the Jungle Boot. I really need to locate one fast! Thanks again!
  10. Pecker

I just found ProLocker. . .way too nice (and expensive) for what I need. Please help me find a Jungle Boot online. . .thanks.